first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

first_imgPresident Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has expressed his opposition to a plan to release graft inmates to help prevent COVID-19 transmission in overcrowded prisons.“I want to say that we have never talked about graft prisoners in our meetings,” the President said during a limited meeting on Monday. “The [early] release is only for general crime inmates.”Law and Human Rights Minister Yasonna Laoly had previously planned to change the terms and conditions of sentences for prisoners and juvenile inmates through Human Rights Ministerial Regulation No.10/2020 and Human Rights Ministerial Decree No.19/2020. If approved, the regulations would allow for the release of 300 graft convicts aged 60 years and above currently serving sentences in addition to 15,442 drug convicts who have served five to 10 years, 1,457 special crime convicts with chronic diseases and 53 foreign prisoners who have served two-thirds of their sentences.The plan has received criticism from anticorruption activists, who have argued that corruption is regarded as an extraordinary crime, not a ordinary crime, and that the plan would do little to reduce overcrowding in prisons as graft convicts accounted for a small minority of inmates.Jokowi said he had agreed to the release of inmates from overcrowded prisons that were considered at risk of rapid COVID-19 transmission, but said those freed would have to meet certain requirements.“They cannot be released just like that, of course. There are conditions, and there will be supervision,” he said.The authorities have so far released 5,500 inmates to reduce prison overcrowding.Topics :last_img read more

first_img15 Hibiscus Avenue, Ashgrove. Picture: Realestate.com.au“Offered to the market for the first time in over 55 years, this pre-war residence is ready and waiting to be transformed back to her former glory,” his listing said. With the property covering a massive 1,083sq m block, “great bones” in the home and “an unrivalled location”, it was always going to catch the eye of those looking for an inner city foothold they can reshape.“This property is begging to be transformed into something truly spectacular, however this undertaking would be for those with exceptional vision, flair for originality and pure unbridled passion.” Two bedroom cottage at 15 Hibiscus Avenue, Ashgrove, sold for $1.203m on May 12, 2017. Picture: Realestate.com.auDON’T let this timid pre-war cottage fool you, it’s one of Brisbane’s hottest properties having sold for $1.2m over the weekend. The triple-gabled home built in 1930 was sold for $104,000 more than the owner’s asking price amid continued strong demand in Brisbane’s inner ring. More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home5 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor5 hours ago15 Hibiscus Avenue, Ashgrove. Picture: Realestate.com.auThe two-bedroom, two-bathroom, two-car garage property at 15 Hibiscus Avenue, Ashgrove, fetched $1.203 million on Friday, according to data on Realestate.com.au.Agent Michael Shean of Arthur Conias Real Estate had picked this as “possibly Ashgrove’s most exciting opportunity in 2017”. 15 Hibiscus Avenue, Ashgrove. Picture: Realestate.com.au Two bedroom cottage at 15 Hibiscus Avenue, Ashgrove, sold for $1.203m on May 12, 2017. Picture: Realestate.com.aulast_img read more

first_img MORE NEWS: The biggest apartment sales of 2018 in Qld A luxurious lifestyle awaits at 2115 The Circle, Sanctuary Cove.Fancy lazing by a resort-style pool every day or kicking back in your own cinema?This recently overhauled Sanctuary Cove abode offers all that. From a swoon-worthy backyard made for entertaining, to an interior which has both style and space — it’s resort-style living everyday at 2115 The Circle. More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa12 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag2 days agoOwners Charlie and Jeff Dern and their two sons have lived at the property for almost seven years and completed a major renovation with a builder and interior designer two years ago. “It’s got a beautiful outdoor space overlooking a large pool, a fantastic movie room and a great master bedroom suite upstairs that’s very private — it’s a real family home,” Mr Dern said. “Our two young boys have loved having their own bedrooms and ensuites.“The pool is solar heated so we get to use it eight months of the year.” The four-bedroom house is in Sanctuary Cove. The four-bedroom property boasts park views, a large pool, media room and two impressive kitchens, inside and outside, with all the essential ingredients. The Dern family are upsizing locally, with Sanctuary Cove’s lifestyle, including its golf course and village, too good to move away from. Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:51Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:51 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD576p576p432p432p270p270pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenStarting your hunt for a dream home00:51 Home chefs will be impressed with the stylish kitchen. It’s entertaining made easy at this luxury abode. After a dip in the pool, retire to the home cinema for an action packed night in. MORE NEWS: Acreage in the middle of suburbia The owners are looking for offers near the high $1 million mark. Ray White Prestige agent Matt Gates said the home’s quality was a standout, with its fixtures and fittings “second to none”. “It is a very appealing home which will be attractive to a broad segment of the market,” Mr Gates said. “It’s on Schotia Island which is beautiful and in the middle is the parkland. “Nothing is older than eight or nine years and it will be attractive to newcomers and residents who have been there for years.” Mr Gates said the vendors were looking for offers near the high $1 million mark.last_img read more

first_imgCrusoe House at Castaways Beach by award-winning building designer Chris Clout Design.A four-level house likened to a superyacht on land and something you would expect to see in a Hollywood blockbuster is set to be built on the Sunshine Coast.Crusoe House at Castaways Beach is the dream and latest multimillion-dollar project of the award-winning building designer Chris Clout. The gnarly Brisbane home with a skate bowl in the living room MORE Submarine development emerges beside the Brisbane river The home where every day is a holidaycenter_img The five-bedroom resort-style project will become home to the designer and his family, including his three young sons. Crusoe House at Castaways Beach will have sea views to die for.Once completed the house is expected to be worth about $5 million.The property, a masterpiece by Chris Clout Design, will sit on a large sloping 1230 sq m block and include a gym, cinema, entertainment area, sauna, wine cellar and four guest rooms with ensuites on the ground level. The home’s master bedroom and retreat on the upper level.The main level will feature an infinity swimming pool, courtyard pool, two spas and a powder room. The master bedroom and retreat will occupy the top floor and have a large ensuite and massive walk-in robe.Mr Clout said he was also considering putting in a car lift as part of the build. The house will have two pools on the ground level.“We love entertaining and living by the beach. Every day is so different, there’s a nice elevation here,” Mr Clout said.“It’s a special home and less than 200m from the beach.“I have done so much for clients, but my true vision is to create my own buildings so people can buy them off-the-plan.” More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus9 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market9 hours agoOnce completed it is set to be worth $5 million.Mr Clout said he designed homes between $6 million and $7 million, built on 500sq m blocks.“We’ve designed so many exciting projects around the country and this is one of the best,” he said.“When I turn 40 I want to be living in this house, so I’ve got four years.” It is 200m from the beach.The Clouts are currently living in a Tuscan Mediterranean-style home on the block, which have waterslides for his children. Other notable homes Mr Clout has designed include Hamilton House in Hamilton, Sky Garden House in Noosa, Ascot House in Brisbane, Driftwood Two at Castaways Beach, and Nola Residences in Noosa. chriscloutdesign.com.au Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 1:18Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -1:18 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels540p540p360p360p270p270pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenDream homes that’ve sold during COVID-1901:19last_img read more

first_imgROXAS City – The SangguniangPanlalawigan (SP) of Capiz has recently approved an ordinance reinstating a banon large-scale mining operations in the province. Eleven members of the SP approvedunanimously Provincial Ordinance No. 003 on Sept. 3, which imposes anindefinite moratorium on large-scale mining activities in the province. “This is now a public notice that Capiz is closed to large-scale mining. We cannotafford to compromise our environment, health and safety of Capiznon to whatthey call responsible mining” SP member Mateo Hachuela said. Hachuela is the author of theordinance and chairman of the SP’s committee on Environment and NaturalResources. The ban covers the 16towns and this capital city, spanning a total land area of 2,596 squarekilometers, he added. Prior to the passage of the ordinance,a public hearing was conducted on Aug. 23. It was attended by various sectorsand stakeholders, especially those who are to be directly affected by themining activities including farmers, fisher folks, farmworkers, laborers,indigenous people, academes, religious sectors and different governmentagencies. It can be recalled that same ordinance was previouslyproposed by SP members Victor Tanco, Jr., Sonny Besa and Elmer Arevalo, but didnot materialized. (With a report fromPENRO Capiz/PN)last_img read more

first_img Jessica Harrington’s colt just kept the Ger Lyons-trained Miss Katie Mae at bay by a neck as the pair came close together in the closing stages. Mark Johnston’s Rogues’ Gallery set the pace, with Final Frontier (5-6 favourite) held up last of five in the early part of the race until coming round the outside to lead a furlong out. Final Frontier followed up his debut success with a narrow verdict to claim Group Three honours in the Jebel Ali Racecourse & Stables Anglesey Stakes at the Curragh. Miss Katie Mae overcame trouble in running to mount a strong bid but was just denied. The result was allowed to stand following an inquiry. “He needs stepping up to seven furlongs,” said Harrington. “Shane (Foley) said he was asleep for the first half of the race. “When he picked him up he almost picked up too quickly. “He got to the front too soon, was idling in front and the filly (Miss Katie Mae) came back at him. “He did that well and quickened very well. “He’ll definitely step up to seven now and you’d imagine he’ll go for the National Stakes here. “We’ll give him a little time.” center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

first_imgAdelaide: India’s batting coach Sanjay Bangar want the tailend batsmen to show a bit more application than what they did in the second innings on the fourth day of the opening Test match here on Sunday.Ravichandran Ashwin (5), Ishant Sharma(0), Mohammad Shami (0) and Jasprit Bumrah (0) could only manage to add five runs to the total as India were all out for 307.“We were expecting at least 25 (more) runs from there. That is an area where we are continuously looking to improve. And we are hoping that the lower order, especially the tailenders at 9, 10, 11 show a bit more application than what they did today,” Bangar told reporters after the end of the day’s play. Also Read – Meghalayan mid-fielder Phrangki Buam joins ISL side FC Goa But the coach praised Cheteshwar Pujara (71) and Ajinkya Rahane (70), lauding the former for his first innings effort too.“Tremendous application especially after where we were at the end of the first session (on the first day) where we lost four wickets. But after that a lot of resistance and resilience was shown by Pujara,” he said. IANS Also read: KL Rahul should bat more responsibly, says Bangarlast_img read more

first_img Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on November 23, 2018 at 7:19 pm Contact Andrew: aegraham@syr.edu | @A_E_Grahamcenter_img Boston College and then-freshman running back AJ Dillon came to the Carrier Dome and ran all over Syracuse last season.As the Orange limped to the season’s finish out of bowl contention and without Eric Dungey, Dillon bulldozed them to the tune of 193 yards and three touchdowns at an 8.4 yards-per-carry clip.“He’s going to be around for hopefully two more years, not three,” Babers said then, referring to Dillon’s NFL potential.The Eagles’ (7-4, 4-3 Atlantic Coast) recipe on offense hasn’t changed much in the year since, and stopping, or slowing, Dillon is the first priority for No. 20 Syracuse’s (8-3, 5-2) defense which has struggled to stop the run. The Orange have surrendered 150 or more yards on the ground eight times and 200 or more yards four times.“Everyone knows he’s a great back,” SU linebacker Ryan Guthrie said. “One of the best in the ACC, if not the best.”AdvertisementThis is placeholder textDillon eclipsed the 1000-yard mark for the 2018 season last week against Florida State, rushing for 116 yards and two scores. Dillon has 1052 rushing yards on an average of 4.9 yards per carry and 10 touchdowns. All this has come in only nine games, as he missed games against North Carolina State and Louisville with a left ankle injury.BC’s next leading rusher is Ben Glines with 388 yards and the Eagles rank 102nd in the country with just 27.3 pass attempts per game.So, the objective for Syracuse is clear: stop Dillon.Stopping Dillon means contending with the Eagles’ offensive line, too. Since 1999, Boston College produced 15 NFL lineman draft picks.With an experienced group of three seniors, a junior and a sophomore on the line, the Eagles run the ball in a multitude of ways: inside runs, outside runs, man, zones, traps and counters.Dillon won’t run just one way, so there isn’t one way to stop him.“It’s a mixture of scheme and Dillon just being the kind of running back that he is that makes him dangerous,” Guthrie said.Back-to-back dreadful outings at then-No. 3 Clemson (293 yards) and the next week in Pittsburgh (265 yards) marked a low point for the run defense.Poor gap discipline and bad reactions from linebackers coupled with missed tackles all across the field is the cause any time Syracuse has struggled against the run.The Panthers’ top-two backs combined for 299 net rushing yards running the same schemes BC will use with Dillon.On Pitt’s first touchdown of the game, Qadree Ollison took a middle handoff and followed his fullback, who took out Kielan Whitner in the hole. Guthrie, SU’s other linebacker on the play, was out of position. Safety Andre Cisco took a bad angle and got run past.The Eagles have rushed for 125 yards or fewer in each of their four losses. When No. 2 Clemson shut down Dillon (39 yards on 16 touches), the BC offense floundered, only amassing 113 yards.Clemson has one of, if not the best defense in the country — it’s first in the nation in stop rate, the percentage of time when defensive possessions end in stops (85.2 percent) — and it stopped Dillon, and therefore Boston College, in their tracks, something Syracuse will need to figure out how to do.“Coach (Brian) Ward does a good job of kind of scheming up,” Guthrie said, “so based on the calls, we’ll be in different situations and we’ll kind of have a feeling of what’s going to be coming, hopefully.”last_img read more